Bohemian Potato Salad
- 2 pounds small new potatoes
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Scrub the potatoes then put them in a medium saucepan and cover them with cold water.
- Bring to a boil then cover the pot and simmer until the potatoes are tender (20-30 minutes depending on size).
- Drain the potatoes. While they are still warm, gently halve (or quarter, depending on size) the potatoes and place them in a bowl. Pour the vinegar over the warm potatoes.
- Add the onion, dill, mayo, salt and pepper to the bowl and mix gently to combine.
- Let potatoes stand for 15-20 minutes. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature with a sprig of dill for garnish.
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20-30 minutes
This goes together really quickly. There is minimal prep since the potatoes are not peeled -- just slicing a little onion and mincing some dill. Do be sure to use fresh dill and have a little extra on hand for a pretty garnish.
The potato salad was served with a variety of the sausages from the Sausage Chalet and my pickled onions. I grilled the sausages and served dinner on the deck for a perfect early summer meal.
The light and slightly creamy potato salad contrasted nicely with the grilled pork sausages. After dinner, the leftover potato salad and pickled onions got packed away together. The combination was even more delicious! Bohemian Potato Salad 2.0 will be appearing at my next barbecue with some of my pickled onions subbing for the sliced raw ones I used here.