Asian Grilled Drummettes
• 2 ½ cups soy sauce
• 1 cup orange juice
• ½ cup honey
• ¼ cup chopped cilantro
• 3 tablespoons lime juice
• 3 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons grated ginger
• 2 tablespoons sesame oil
• 4-5 pounds chicken drummettes (or wings)
- Whisk together the soy sauce and the next 8 ingredients (through the sesame oil).
- Put the drummettes into a large ziplock bag and pour in the marinade. Seal and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill to high, clean thoroughly and spray with Pam grill spray to prevent sticking.
- Pour off the marinade and place the drummettes on the grill.
- Grill turning occasionally for about 35-40 minutes until the chicken is done and the outside is crispy.
Prep time: 15 minutes+ 24 hours to marinate
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
These are great for an appetizer or with some fried rice as an entrée. We love them hot or at room temperature. I will confess to having eaten them cold out of the fridge on the rare occasion there are leftovers!