Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups white wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped and toasted walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat together pumpkin, sugar, water, eggs, and oil with an electric mixer.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and spices and stir just until batter is smooth.
- Stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
- Butter a loaf pan (8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 2 3/4 inches). pan, then spoon the batter into loaf pan. Spread evenly.
- Bake the bread in the middle of the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a rack 10 minutes. Turn bread out onto rack and cool completely.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes