I enjoyed the dinner. I didn’t take a picture of it because it looked a little gloppy. It probably will not get added to our Meatless Monday rotation since the kids only picked out the pasta.
Penne with Roasted Vegetables and Goat Cheese
- 1/2 pound uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) sliced yellow squash
- 2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) sliced zucchini
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup (4 ounces) goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
- Combine squash and next 7 ingredients (squash through garlic) in a large bowl; toss well to coat. Arrange vegetables in a single layer in a jelly-roll pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until browned, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Drizzle vinegar over vegetables; toss well.
- Combine pasta, vegetable mixture, goat cheese, basil, and thyme in a large bowl; toss well.